Clinical Trial Registration

Typically clinical trials must be registered on a public registry in accordance with certain standards, including publication by ICMJE. Please contact REB for more information on the best registry to use for your trial.

If you choose to register your trial on ( you will need a user account.  The user account must be obtained by contacting a PRS administrator at the sponsoring institution.

What Institution do I register my trial under?

Funded studies should be registered through the organization of the institution where the funds are administered (ie. whichever Institution signed a grant application, holds the funds, or signed the agreement with the Sponsor). Unfunded studies should register through the account of the Institution where the research is being conducted.  Jointly funded studies (ie. funding from multiple sponsors at 2 or more institutions) should register through the Institution where most of the funding is administered.  If you are uncertain, any of the contacts below will be able to assist you.

McMaster University, Hamilton Health Sciences and St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton all have PRS Organization accounts. The PRS Administrators are:

Hamilton Health Sciences:
Lauren Gogo, Manager of Research Contracts
Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation
120 – 293 Wellington Street North
Hamilton, ON L8L 8E7
PH: 905-521-2100, ext. 44070

McMaster University:
Augusta Beck, Grants Specialist
Health Research Services
McMaster University
Faculty of Health Sciences
1280 Main St. W., Room HSC-3H9
Hamilton, ON L8S 4K1
PH: 905-525-9140, ext. 22465
FX: 905-523-6061

St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton:
Adam Weerdenberg, Research Quality Assurance Officer
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton
St. Joseph’s Charlton Campus
3rd Floor Martha Wing, Room H303
50 Charlton Avenue East
Hamilton, Ontario L8N 4A6
PH: 905 522 1155, ext. 35280